This cake uses extra virgin olive oil, as an ingredient that gives it a moist and creamy texture without using butter.
- 1-1/3 cup of extra virgin olive
- 3 medium-sized eggs
- 1/-1/4 cups of whole or 2 percent milk
- 3 medium seedless oranges for juice and zest
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons grated orange zest
- 1-1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 cups of regular all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda and baking powder
- 1 8 oz tub of regular cream cheese to spread on top of cake
- Cooking spray for pan and parchment paper
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees.
- A nine-inch springform pan is recommended because the cake rises, and this provides the right amount of room.
- In a large bowl, add the olive oil and whisk with an electric mixer or hand-held whisk. Zest the two oranges using a zester. Zest is the the skin or peel of the orange. Cut the oranges in half and squeeze into a measuring cup to get 1/2 cup of fresh juice.
- Add the orange juice, orange zest, and milk in the bowl and blend or whisk until smooth. Add the sugar and continue to blend well.
- Add the flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder. Mix or whisk until smooth and ready to pour into the spring-from pan.
- Cut a 9-inch circle of parchment paper to put into the springform pan bottom. Spray the bottom of the pan and sides with cooking spray before pouring in the cake mixture. Pour in the cake batter and make sure the batter is even in the pan. Heat the oven to 325 degrees and put your cake pan on a baking sheet. Bake from 60 minutes of 75 minutes , checking the cake starting at 60.
- The cake should have risen and be brown when done. Cool it in the pan for one hour or longer and put it on a wire rack.
- Once completely cooled, cut the ends off one orange and slice it with the skin into circles to decorate the top of cake. The circles can be cut in half. Spread the cream cheese on the top and decorate with orange slices.
- Put it in the refrigerator until you plan to serve it. This cake will serve ten people.
This cake is delicious and can be served for holidays, at club meetings, dinner parties or when friends come over for a visit. It is easy to make and tasty and both children and adults will enjoy its unique flavor. There are many different recipes for olive oil cake and ways of making it.
The Benefits of A Stainless-Steel Olive Oil Spout Or Olive Oil Pourer
When you own a restaurant, bakery or foodservice establishment, you may use several olive oil bottles that need a handy spout to pour olive oil from them. We provide quality stainless steel olive oil spouts and olive oil pourers that can be used to pour olive oil and vinegar. Perhaps your restaurant places olive oil on your tables for customers to use. You may need several quality pourers to put in the bottles you store them in. This product will help you pour your olive oil quickly and without spills.
The stainless-steel olive oil pourer has a self-closing stainless steel flap that closes to keep out bacteria, bugs, and crumbs. It is easy to use and very sanitary. Your customers and staff will love using it for salads, breads, making cakes, and cooking in the kitchen. They are made of 18/8 stainless steel and come in a variety of colors. The colors are silver, gold, orange, red, green, and black. They are sold 100 to a bag or 3 bags to a case. When you use olive oil in bulk, it is a good item to invest in. They dispense olive oil in a stream without leaking. The olive oil pourer flap opens when used and closes when not in use.
The olive oil pourer is made of stainless steel without a closing flap. They are made of stainless steel with a stainless steel breather tube and come 12 in a bag. The other type has a plastic breather tub and they come in a larger quantity, 108 per bag.
Overall, they are designed for commercial kitchens, food service, and restaurants. There are plastic corks for olive oil bottles for storage and protection. The plastic olive oil with a Y-bar can be used as an olive oil pourer. It is economical and easy to use. They sell one hundred to a bag to commercial foodservice businesses. We know you’ll enjoy a quality olive oil spout and olive oil pourer.