Are you looking for a delicious meal that can help you feed a crowd? If so, then you have probably thought about making pasta. Pasta is a great option because it is relatively inexpensive, can be prepared in bulk, and is appealing to most people. Furthermore, if you have someone with food allergies, you can find gluten-free pasta available as well! Even though you should think about the quality of the pasta you buy, you also need to think about the sauce, as this is what really makes the recipe. Fortunately, we have put together an easy recipe that everyone will love! Take a look at the recipe below, and get ready to wow your family members and friends!
To make this recipe, you will need:
- Approximately 1 lb of dry spaghetti for every three to four people
- A half-cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 4 to 6 garlic cloves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Red pepper flakes to taste
- Fresh parsley as garnish
- 1 to 2 tbsp of fresh basil, chopped
- One tbsp of fresh mint leaves
After you have all of the ingredients, the steps you need to follow include:
- Start by pouring 6 quarts of water into a large pot. Add some salt to the water to get it to boil faster.
- Once the water is boiling, add the pasta. You should cook the pasta until it is al dente. The exact cooking time will vary depending on the type of pasta you use. Some pasta will become al dente in as little as seven minutes, while other types of pasta could take ten minutes or more.
- When you drain the pasta, reserve approximately two tbsp of the pasta water. This is going to act as the base for the sauce.
- After you have drained the pasta, do not rinse it with water. You need the pasta to retain its natural starches.
- Set the pasta to the side and get ready to cook the sauce. Start by heating the olive oil in a large pan. Use medium heat.
- Once the olive oil is rolling around the pan, add the garlic and sauté it until it becomes fragrant. The garlic should turn a light brown color. Take extra care not to burn the garlic, or it will become bitter.
- Once the garlic is fragrant, go ahead and set it to the side. Add red pepper flakes to the pan, which should still have the olive oil in it. Sauté the red pepper flakes for approximately one minute.
- The oil should have a nice flavor now. After you have sautéed the red pepper flakes, take the pasta and add it back to the pan. Toss it in the oil gently to coat the pasta thoroughly. Now, go ahead and add in the reserve pasta water that you set aside earlier. It should create a nice sauce.
- Stir the pasta in the sauce for approximately one minute. Then, turn off the heat and remove the pan from the burner. Add the herbs to the pasta including basil, mint, and garlic. You can also top the pasta with salt and pepper to taste.
Once you are finished, serve the pasta as quickly as possible to prevent it from getting tough.
The Tricks To a Delicious Pasta Sauce
This is a relatively easy recipe to follow, but there are a few tips and tricks you can follow if you want to make your pasta sauce taste even better. These include:
After you are done cooking the pasta, do not rinse it. You do not want to deprive the pasta of its natural starches. If you rinse the pasta after you drain it, it will not stick to the sauce. Therefore, allow the pasta to keep its starches if you want the sauce to taste delicious.
You can save time during the measuring process if you use an olive oil spout or an olive oil pourer to make the measuring process easier. They will give you a nice smooth pour, and you won’t have to worry about using too much or too little.
When you add your olive oil to the pan, try to keep it on medium heat. That way, you will not burn it.
You can also use your olive oil spout or olive oil pourer to top the pasta once you’re done cooking. It will really give the recipe a nice smooth finish.
Get ready to wow your family members and friends with this amazing recipe!